Notice of BCFP Consent Order Involving Professional Financial Services.If you have questions concerning this Notice, you may call, toll-free: 1-866-990-9706.
This notice is being provided pursuant to a Consent Order issued by the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection (“BCFP”) on June 13, 2018 in the matter entitled: In the Matter of Security Group, Inc., Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg, Professional Financial Services Corp., et al., BCFP File No.: 2018-BCFP-0002.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWINGThis notice is provided by Professional Financial Services. Since 2011, for some accounts, we have provided outdated or inaccurate information to two consumer reporting agencies, Equifax and TransUnion. There may be inaccuracies in some consumer reports. As a result of these deficiencies, we were subject to an enforcement action by the BCFP. Consumers have a right, under the Fair Credit Reporting Act to receive one free consumer report from each of the nationwide consumer reporting agencies during any 12-month period. If you have not already obtained your free annual report, you may do so by visiting www.annualcreditreport.com or by calling 877-322-8228. If you have already obtained a free consumer report from Equifax or TransUnion during the last 12-months, you may obtain an additional report at no charge to you for 180 days following your receipt of this Notice from the following nationwide consumer reporting agency to which we have furnished information, using the following information:
|Agency Name||Contact Information to Obtain Activation Code for Additional Free Credit Report|
- Our address as specified in your consumer report;
- The address specified by us for the receipt of such disputes which has been provided to you and which appears on our websites.
- Sufficient information to permit us to identify the account that is in dispute, such as your account number and name, address and telephone number;
- The specific information you are disputing and an explanation of the basis for the dispute; and
- Any supporting documentation that we may reasonably require to substantiate the basis for the dispute.
|Address for Mailed Disputes||Address for Online Disputes||For Telephone Disputes|
|Equifax Information Services LLC P.O. Box 740256 Atlanta, GA 30348||https://www.ai.equifax.com/CreditInvestigation/home.action||(866) 349-5191|
|Experian P.O. Box 4500 Allen, TX 75013||http://www.experian.com/disputes/main.html||(888) 397-3742|
|TransUnion LLC Consumer Dispute Center P.O. Box 2000 Chester, PA 19016||https://dispute.transunion.com/||(800) 916-8800|
- Your identifying information, such as your name, address, phone number, date of birth, and Social Security number;
- Information sufficient to permit the identification of the information being disputed, such as the name of the furnisher shown in the consumer report and the account number;
- The reason or basis for the dispute concerning the reported information; and
- Any supporting information or documentation that you believe would assist in the investigation of the dispute.